• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 Disappointment in my recent submission.
1 1

23 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Dukemnm said:

I got three disappointments in my recent submissions. 

The first I don't understand. I am still waiting on the coins to be returned. 

waiting on pictures

What does this even mean? 

Comment
OBVERSE WHEEL MARK

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/4412/Wheel-Marks/

Sometimes they're tough to spot initially but after you see it you'll wonder how you missed it.

6 minutes ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/4412/Wheel-Marks/

Sometimes they're tough to spot initially but after you see it you'll wonder how you missed it.

O-M-G, I have seen this on Lincoln cents. where they are more visible. I guess I was more excited about having found a full steps and didn't pay much attention to the rest of the coin. :cry: :flamed: definitely have to be more careful. 

1 hour ago, Dukemnm said:

I did get the two innovation proofs back at MS70 happy about that, but it is hard to get a low grade on those. IMO.  My 2019 S cent came back as MS69 and I was expecting that. 

2018 S $1 G.Washington
RP 70
2018 S $1 G.Washington
PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO

Keep in mind here that only "regular" proofs are typically Cameo or Ultra Cameo, Reverse Proofs are not assigned that designation.

18 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Reverse Proofs are not assigned that designation.

I kind of came to that conclusion when It didn't get it. I was like "WHY?" but logically, mirror parts of the coin are less than the regular proof. I think it be kinda hard to say with certainty, of any reverse proofs. 

how did I do with the Ultra Cameo?  @VKurtB 

1 hour ago, Dukemnm said:

I kind of came to that conclusion when It didn't get it. I was like "WHY?" but logically, mirror parts of the coin are less than the regular proof. I think it be kinda hard to say with certainty, of any reverse proofs. 

how did I do with the Ultra Cameo?  @VKurtB 

Magnificent 

Ok So I finally got my submission back in the mail, I will post picture later today. But I realized what happened to the third submission where I was expecting my 1970 S to come back S/S. I forgot to check the box in the submission form. lol 

So in reality. I was only disappointed by two submissions and the dime was a long shot. I new it but I let my emotions get the best of me. all in all I think it was a great learning experience.  

21 hours ago, Dukemnm said:

but I let my emotions get the best of me

This we mostly all have done. Call it "tuition". Most of us have paid it. Luckily for me, that phase is quite a few years back.

10 hours ago, Mk123 said:

Goodluck on your next submission!

Thank you. Just trying to decide what to send in next. 

10 hours ago, Mk123 said:

are you happy overall with the grades?

I am quite pleased with the overall grades, It is pretty much what I expected.