• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

98 penny with looks like the memorial on face?

6 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2019 at 3:22 AM, TreyM said:

Would that make it a double die, die clash? Or what's the term used for that

The press gets operated with no planchet in between, and the design elements transfer to the other die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be a double clash, has nothing to do with a doubled die.  Another way to express it would be "Has two sets of clash marks with slight die movement between clashes."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now