• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jefferson nickels

3 posts in this topic

1962 p Jefferson nickels are they business strikes or proofs. I have a few of them that has full steps, I also have the 63 and the 64 all are p. I got these from a Chase bank in Arizona. I've never seen nickels this nice come from bank rolls. 

Thanks for the help

Welcome to the Forum Ed-

The Philadelphia Mint produced both business strikes and Proofs in 1962, 3 &  4. Could you show us some pictures of both sides, we may be able to help you determine which they are.

When I'm cutting up mint sets sometimes the coins are not fit for my collection or for resale.  So those I drop into the regular coin jar to be rolled and returned to the bank.  A few weekends back I put a roll of each of mint state quarters, nickels, and dimes from the 60s/70s into circulation for the first time in their life.  I'm hoping they'll catch the eye of somebody when they get one in change.