• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paid for Mint Error to be on slab and is not.

3 posts in this topic

I was just notified my coins were ready to be shipped and I could view them on the NGC page.

These were Double Ear ! Double Die Errors coins/ Mint Errors  and I thought I had paid to have it put in the description on the slab.

This was my first submission to NGC and the Submission form was kinda confusing to be a new customer. I don't know if I did something wrong or if NGC did.

Would like to know something,  thank you.

Screenshot_20190927-000233.png

Screenshot_20190926-235459.png

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I examined your coin while it was here at NGC and determined that it showed only strike doubling, aka mechanical doubling.

You were correct to submit it for VarietyPlus service rather than Mint Error service, but it did not turn out to be either.

Hello, Renee, and welcome to the forum. 

It looks like you have learned a pretty expensive lesson: not all doubling adds value to a coin. In fact, most types don't. But, becoming a member here gives you access to lots of valuable information,  and there are many members here who will be happy to share their knowledge with you, and assist you in learning. Feel free to post pictures of any coins about which you may have questions, and we will try to help.

For starters, here is a link, provided by our hosts, which looks at the difference between mechanical doubling and true hub doubling ( what is called a "doubled die").

Click here