• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-ordering a custom set

7 posts in this topic

When I'm adding a coin to a custom set, sometimes I need to add it into the middle of the set. Is there any way to quickly and conveniently just insert it into the middle of the set and push everything else down? 

To illustrate: I need to put the coin at slot 35. If I do that, now I have 2 35's, and they aren't necessarily in the order I want. I could update the number of every single coin after that in my set.... but when that's 40 coins or 60 coins, I really don't want to do that every time.

Is there an easy way to do this that I'm just missing? Will this be a feature in the new custom sets? Are the new custom sets ever going to appear? 

On 9/6/2019 at 8:16 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

When I'm adding a coin to a custom set, sometimes I need to add it into the middle of the set. Is there any way to quickly and conveniently just insert it into the middle of the set and push everything else down? 

To illustrate: I need to put the coin at slot 35. If I do that, now I have 2 35's, and they aren't necessarily in the order I want. I could update the number of every single coin after that in my set.... but when that's 40 coins or 60 coins, I really don't want to do that every time.

Is there an easy way to do this that I'm just missing? Will this be a feature in the new custom sets? Are the new custom sets ever going to appear? 

Hello, 

Thank you for the inquiry.  Below is a help link for NGC Custom Registry sets.  We will forward your comments to our the Senior team regarding the sort order for Custom sets.  The NGC registry is planning to add Custom Registry sets in a future release, however, we do not have a date for the release.

How do I add coins to a recently created NGC Registry Custom Set?

On 9/6/2019 at 7:16 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

I haven't done this much on the coin side, but when I do this with my notes signature set, when I put a new number (like 35) in for the slot number of the new slot, it auto-updates the slot numbers for all the slots labeled 35 and later to be 36 and later, adding 1 to each. When I save the set the new slot is in the right place. Does that not work on the coin side?

18 hours ago, Revenant said:

I haven't done this much on the coin side, but when I do this with my notes signature set, when I put a new number (like 35) in for the slot number of the new slot, it auto-updates the slot numbers for all the slots labeled 35 and later to be 36 and later, adding 1 to each. When I save the set the new slot is in the right place. Does that not work on the coin side?

I have reached out to our programmers to review the process for ordering slots in a Custom Registry set.  Once I have a response, I will send an email to the address we have on file.

21 hours ago, Revenant said:

No, that is not how it works on the coin side. I *really* wish it would. 

On the coin side, if you put a new number (like 35) in for the slot number, now you will have two slots labelled 35 and you can't predict which comes first. You have to manually update all subsequent numbers.