• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Honest abe

6 posts in this topic

I found a way to get better pics.i put a slice in a rubber ball and put the coin in it. It holds great. Then I turn the coin and take another one. Quality is better. Ok here's Abe coin and I don't know what's going on. Number is missing on date? Grease filled no letters, light letters.  HhhhhelpIMG_20190829_135822871.jpg.a46a7277601fcc3d79de426ef499b0ac.jpg

IMG_20190829_141207650.jpg

IMG_20190829_141218429.jpg

IMG_20190829_135942275.jpg

IMG_20190829_135907243.jpg

IMG_20190829_135822871.jpg

Now THESE obverse and reverse pictures DO look like a camera white balance issue.

Generally I wouldn't try the tennis ball method with a coin of real numismatic value.  Friction, rub, scratches would be my concern.  Though it does make me wonder if play dough would work.  Assuming no granular items in the play dough.

8 minutes ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

Generally I wouldn't try the tennis ball method with a coin of real numismatic value.  Friction, rub, scratches would be my concern.  Though it does make me wonder if play dough would work.  Assuming no granular items in the play dough.

Never thot of day.ty sir

1 hour ago, kramden said:

What is that sir

It  is when a digital camera is set to automatically "balance" or neutralize, really, the color of the whole scene. When putting a yellowish coin on an equally reddish yellowish wooden background, the camera "forces" the whole scene to neutral gray, ruining the color rendition of the scene, in this case a coin, being photographed. Auto white balance is NOT a good thing in coin photography.