• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not coins-notes with a cool back story
1 1

6 posts in this topic

That is extremely cool, and could be an exhibit. I made a MUCH LESS impressive "short snorter" at the ANA convention banquet last week. I had a crisp uncirculated $1 note left over after plucking the enhanced uncirculated dollar coin from a 2019 Coin &  Currency Set for grading. I get a sample of all "enhanced" or altered finish dollar coins slabbed. The new reverse proof American Innovations dollar too. So anyway, I have this crisp unfolded $1 note staring at me, when I notice it is from the Chicago Federal Reserve district. I was in Chicago. It was the latest note, with the latest signatures. I wrote in the bottom margin: "2019 ANA World's Fair of Money Banquet Table #7", and I brought a roller pen with me to the Friday night event, and had everyone at my table sign it, most of us members of the Chicago Coin Club. A neat souvenir.

BTW, no need to call me "Sir". I haven't been to England yet; I'm going for the first time on Thanksgiving Day.  Now..., if Her Majesty decides to knight me, we can discuss proper methods of address at that time. :roflmao:

You WROTE on a NOTE?! Shame on you. Lol! 

I had planned to collect the Innovation Coins but am wondering if there will ever be a 2nd. I figured at 6 bucks a piece they were within my means without even hurting me at all but it seems they will do each years all at once which will make it more difficult. Such is life.

The 'Sir' thing is only how I speak and a show of respect.  I try to type as I would speak. I often say things like Dear Sir in the middle of a sentence. So please don't take offense. I do hate the internet and all this typing because nobody can HEAR inflection through print so I feel it necessary to embellish to get that acros. Which is probably why I seem twice as rude online. Tis never my intention. Lol! 

They showed the first four state American Innovations designs at Rosemont. They're coming. This year's will be kind of late. By next year, I suppose they'll make it into the regular Uncirculated and Proof Sets.

Delaware - star classification system (I was rooting for duPont nylon)

Pennsylvania - Salk polio vaccine

New Jersey - Edison electric light

Georgia - some particular type of garden (I haven't read up on this yet)

Edited by VKurtB

8 hours ago, VKurtB said:

They showed the first four state American Innovations designs at Rosemont. They're coming. This year's will be kind of late. By next year, I suppose they'll make it into the regular Uncirculated and Proof Sets.

Delaware - star classification system (I was rooting for duPont nylon)

Pennsylvania - Salk polio vaccine

New Jersey - Edison electric light

Georgia - some particular type of garden (I haven't read up on this yet)

Yeah, the garden is kinda stupid imo. My Grand father retired from DuPont here in Belle. I think they make paint or did. After 9/11 all the chemicals were removed from the area and Carbide closed down. DuPont is still open though. It's about the only thing that is.  The Polio Vaccine is a winner I think as well as the light. Can't live comfortably without either. Lol! I loved the 1st Patent.