• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My next few coin shows
1 1

25 posts in this topic

After spending an entire WEEK at the ANA show at Rosemont (With not a single soul asking about a doubled coin all week!), here are my next ventures on my list:

August 24 - Lebanon Valley Coin Show, Lebanon, PA

September 7 - Red Rose Coin Club Show, Lancaster, PA

September 13-14 - Battlefield Coin Show, Gettysburg, PA

September 28-29 - Harrisburg Coin Show, Harrisburg, PA

October 17-19 - Pennsylvania Association of Numismatists show, Monroeville, PA (near Pittsburgh)

December 7 - Bloomsbury Coin Fair, London, England, United Kingdom

January 9-12 - Florida United Numismatists show, Orlando, FL

January 17-19 - New York International Numismatic Convention, New York, NY

February 27-29 - ANA National Money Show, Atlanta, GA

Pick one, get out from behind your keyboard, and see the real hobby.

12 hours ago, VKurtB said:

After spending an entire WEEK at the ANA show at Rosemont (With not a single soul asking about a doubled coin all week!), here are my next ventures on my list:

October 17-19 - Pennsylvania Association of Numismatists show, Monroeville, PA (near Pittsburgh)

Sounds like you'll be a busy boy for sure. Enjoy.

If I am not careful, with a schedule like this, I'll run out of funds before I run out of fun. I'm going to be shopping for very specific pieces to enhance my next idea for a competitive exhibit, which is NOTHING LIKE a registry set, by the way. I can do my exhibit with what I have now, but I need to increase my "condition" score potential. I'll be mounting that exhibit at the February Atlanta show. Several other pieces that were "raw" are now at NGC for certification and grading.

Edited by VKurtB

Lucky.  You've got a lot of shows over there in PA.

I was planning on cruising up to a show in Sherman this weekend to see what the scene's like.  But my Cooper's in the shop getting a new engine and may or may not be ready by then.  We'll see, I might just get a rental because a whole weekend without a car may be boring.  But then I'd probably get around to getting that submission together that I keep putting off...

On 8/20/2019 at 8:52 AM, VKurtB said:

Let me know when you are in the West Coast. I would be interested in attending. 

Where on the West Coast? I can heartily recommend the Long Beach shows.

1 hour ago, Dukemnm said:

I am in Northern California, San Francisco Bay area.  I could make a weekend trip to long beach. 

Thanks. 

Okay, Long Beach shows are B-I-I-I-I-G shows. Don't get overwhelmed. Use your show guide and plan your day. Plan your work and work your plan.

3 hours ago, Dukemnm said:

I will look into the Long Beach shows. Thank you very much. 

There is a smaller show in McClellan, near Sacramento, this coming Sunday. See www.coinzip.com and click on California.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, VKurtB said:

I won't be at any of those, but I will probably make the Vicksburg, MS show in September, and I will definitely be at the MNA show in Biloxi on May 1st next year. I picked up four nice tokens at the last one, and I am hoping to score a few more this next time.

Once I get this house done, or even this year if we get approved for this HELOC,  I would love to go to Gettysburg for a combined weekend of ghost hunting and the show there. Still have over 2 weeks left to see what can be. Fingers crossed for me please. Heck, if we couldn't get a room I'd be thrilled to camp out in the bed of the truck near a battlefield. They have that show twice a year, right?

22 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Once I get this house done, or even this year if we get approved for this HELOC,  I would love to go to Gettysburg for a combined weekend of ghost hunting and the show there. Still have over 2 weeks left to see what can be. Fingers crossed for me please. Heck, if we couldn't get a room I'd be thrilled to camp out in the bed of the truck near a battlefield. They have that show twice a year, right?

"Battlefield" is a twice per year show now, I believe. I've only ever made the later one.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:10 PM, Just Bob said:

I won't be at any of those, but I will probably make the Vicksburg, MS show in September, and I will definitely be at the MNA show in Biloxi on May 1st next year. I picked up four nice tokens at the last one, and I am hoping to score a few more this next time.

Vicksburg, Gettysburg, Fredericksburg, …    Pattern?

The trip to Lebanon on Saturday was successful. I picked up a few pieces for various projects, all non-US. Some Soviet for my son, some Swiss pieces for me (I'm into francs and 2 rappen) , an odd privately assembled commercial British "decimalization" set for an exhibit I'm working on, some pieces for another exhibit on the Mexican hyperinflation of the mid-1980's, that kind of stuff. Spent only $75, $80 with the some raffle tickets included. But I feel like I "got stuff done" with that modest amount of spending.

2 hours ago, Dukemnm said:

I did not make it out to Sacramento this week. bums me out. :(

Neither did I. I bet Sacramento had more tables than Lebanon, PA did.

Anyone coming to the WCC show in Portland (November 2-3)? Usually a pretty good one, especially for ancients. Plus, if you spring for early bird, you get to hand me your money. Not many people ever get to say that, you know (but it would be a nice trend).

8 minutes ago, JKK said:

Anyone coming to the WCC show in Portland (November 2-3)? Usually a pretty good one, especially for ancients. Plus, if you spring for early bird, you get to hand me your money. Not many people ever get to say that, you know (but it would be a nice trend).

Portland, Oregon? Have a great IndyCar weekend out there this coming weekend!

2 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Portland, Oregon? Have a great IndyCar weekend out there this coming weekend!

Heh. I think the racetrack is up in North, which happily is pretty far from me (SW burbs). Anyone trying to get to Expo Center is likely to have a bad traffic experience. Coin show is over in East, though, when that comes along, and happily is one catticorner block from a Max (light rail) stop.

I like the Expo center and your Max system. I had a blast at the March 2015 ANA show there. Never got to the downtown side of the river on that trip, but many years ago, I installed a photo lab across from the Federal courthouse. That was around 1980 or so.

Edited by VKurtB

Just now, Dukemnm said:

I think there is another in Sacramento in September, I will have to look, however, I rather attend the Sunnyvale show, since it is closer to me.  And that will be my first coin show ever :D

Just check in periodically with coinzip.com. He keeps a really good list of upcoming shows.