• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does great collections have fake coin auctions?

6 posts in this topic

Here is a 1921 ms62 peace Dollar. I have never seen a uglier coin and the bid is close to $478 for a $300 coin?

Then there’s a MS 64 1925 Peace Dollar. It’s going for $1,000 and it looks like it was dipped in bleach cause the toning is so awful. I wouldn’t even buy this coin for $40. 

9E5500F1-A92F-44A7-A741-DEF4AEF00E12.png

587E8E03-8901-4CAD-8C85-9345DAF22309.png

Edited by NJNCoins

14 hours ago, Simple Collector said:

No. I do not believe they do. If you consign to them, you have the option, as the owner / seller of the coin to determine what starting price you wish the coin to be listed for.

True up to a point. If you try to list for more than 80% of estimated value, they won't do it (or they say they won't).

My biggest surprise there was cash advances. The definition of "competitive rate" there does not concur with that of many.

I have been their customers for almost a year now and I have picked up quite a bit of nice coins from them, so far so good. They are just an auction house, so the seller will be listing the coins for them. If you dont like the item listed, just pass on it.

Cheers