• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019-P Guam Quarter

5 posts in this topic

Checking through new roll of quarters found what may be interesting. On the reverse in the slogan " War In The Pacific" I'm not sure if this is machine doubling or not. With the newness of the coin the reflection is bright. Also in the Latin slogan it appears to have doubling as well. Also a dye break by the B. Thoughts? Thank you again in advance I'll send the close ups in the next one. 

IMG_20190724_204408058.jpg

IMG_20190724_204429941.jpg

Hard to tell with the reflection but if there is doubling, then it would be MD.

I read on another forum that a collector took a survey and found that over 70% of the quarters from the 1999 State to present have MD in the reverse type on the bands.

Again because of the reflection, can't tell if that is a scratch or die break. If it is incuse, it is a scratch, if it is raised it may be a die break.

Thank you Greenstang for the info.  I think that the close up pictures I took and put in the other post you may be able to see what maybe what I think is doubling on the reverse. The marks by the B on the obverse I think are raised. I don't know if the pictures help you or not. Just wondering if I may have found something out of the ordinary.

Kevin, you really should have put those pictures on this post. It gets confusing when you have 2 different posts about the same coin.

I took the liberty to transfer those pictures to this post. Still MD

Guam2.jpg

Guam 1.jpg

Edited by Greenstang
Forgot to add pictures