• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

197? Lincoln

13 posts in this topic

Try 1722'' it do looks a little foreign.as you know ! That's not even looked at to grade or keep! Just saying.sometimes a coin can get graded ,yet! With the hopes of passing rules ,specs.and most of all if we all able to grade a coin such as that! Trust the Mint will be in knee deep ,because that would be to many errors for no reason.lol .just saying

Gm to all ,an to all have a good day:-) .listen sir.I wasn't trying to be rude or anything in that nature.yet! It's a very hard coin hobby or whatever.because the past hasn't caught up with newer vision of collecting coins.So if I have 1983 d copper penny.Rare! However! Because of the damage,it's only face value.still I hold on to it hoping that the grading of getting into a slab will change:) .yet! Who would mess up a 1983 copper penny that don't exist lol.So they PMD..I do find that odd.that you can even see the letters and numbers on the rim! As if the coin was to small,which in turn cause a die break because the coin couldn't hold all it's contents.Well even on the reverse side.you will see the die break between the building.as most times,to me it's crazy.because it's clearly noticeable.that it was done at their.yet! To avoid the B.S THE MINT and some collectors.have rules and specs.to keep the peace between the enjoyment of collecting and the running of the Mint of quality coins ;).that's just my own opinion!!

IMG_20190725_061942.jpg

IMG_20190725_061841.jpg

1 hour ago, R420coins said:

Gm to all ,an to all have a good day:-) .listen sir.I wasn't trying to be rude or anything in that nature.yet! It's a very hard coin hobby or whatever.because the past hasn't caught up with newer vision of collecting coins.So if I have 1983 d copper penny.Rare! However! Because of the damage,it's only face value.still I hold on to it hoping that the grading of getting into a slab will change:) .yet! Who would mess up a 1983 copper penny that don't exist lol.So they PMD..I do find that odd.that you can even see the letters and numbers on the rim! As if the coin was to small,which in turn cause a die break because the coin couldn't hold all it's contents.Well even on the reverse side.you will see the die break between the buildingimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b.as most times,to me it's crazy.because it's clearly noticeable.that it was done at their.yet! To avoid the B.S THE MINT and some collectors.have rules and specs.to keep the peace between the enjoyment of collecting and the running of the Mint of quality coins ;).that's just my own opinion!!

IMG_20190725_061942.jpg

IMG_20190725_061841.jpg

What makes you think that this is a 1983?

My apologies to the OP for the hijacking.

My apologies for not get back sooner! As always BOB ! Highly respected.yet if you pull up the date to you .I'm very sure that you do see the 3! Yet! As I was taught.it can't happen at the Mint! Still my own opinion! If there someone out in this world in the streets doing this ! Wow ! They need to find him asap so they can put him on the team! Because he or is mean with this ! Do have any ideal? How hard it is to duplicate that of the Mint!.Well as I said Bob,my own opinion! Because if someone can get a penny slab for a stamped rupee coin.That's a slap in the face ,to said that anyone else coin has been done the same way or worst.:) we as people grow if a error is a error! Than by all means it's a error.Bob .I learn from you,even broke down what happened to this coin.yet! Being Real ! The mint had a job of cleaning and inspected.Well they Did a poor job covering up old coinage lol.I even have coins with two dates .yet! In the grading world ,.this is where I see an understand! Sometimes I wish I was back in Newark New Jersey.stick and stab .Yes .anyway I'm here in Tulsa Oklahoma! If you are a coin dealer and buyer. Then you should know not to try melt prices for 1960 D and No date small and large date.that !.oh the best one yet 2 cents for wheat penny lol.repunch marks didn't exist .don't believe what you hear on the internet.that's what I was told .Yegs.By Tulsa and gold and coins.So yeah! I'm cool with it ,yet ,that's why I don't get rid of ones I know that's a error! Well I'm about to post what I found to day streets here in Tulsa Oklahoma lol.oh .hey to all and enjoy your night .

I'm not even trying to be a bad guy.still I feel like something things don't need reason,when it's right in your face! The Minting of coins ! Deals with what ? Force.therefore,if to deal with such force is no more than a weld of penetrate force ! So if two die clashes what do you have?

Oh silly me lol I forgot to add,that if fit wasn't from the Mint! Why is the S there instead of the G.who was the.who made create this coin Name ?because that's not on this coin ! .meanwhile it's a coin or different coin,which had two different die clashes.sorry that's not for the viewers to see. yet! Still pressure.omg ! Do you know what you must have to recreate such of what The MINT production! Please don't make lol.see.again this is where I say I do understand! Because.it be times I would study a coin until my eyes become watery.Yes ! We all know how that feels.search for the form that we see! Oh yeah! When we find it! To only be told that it's been road rash and slot machines or it's faces value! Lol.ok ! Cool :-) if your job is to clean coins or to inspect the coins! Then don't tell me PMD! Because if you did a poor job of cleaning and being inspected,of covering up old coinage.then to even say some repunch mint marks!.holy bat lol! We are not fool or dumb of being a dummy! After it been stamped! They are no longer held accountable! Hello it still NEVER left the Mint! Lol .my bad I'm saying something that is not to Be:-)!

Not sure why the thread is titled 197? when the coin is clearly from the 1980's.

Here is my analysis of the coin:

Copper as the severe PSD has not exposed a zinc core.  The coin is from Denver.  From the appearance of the 8 in the date it is a large date which would make it 1980 - 1982.  The PSD has damaged the last digit so extensively that I can not determine what it was.  So conclusion: The coin is a severely damage 1980-82 large date copper cent from Denver which would be worth one cent even if it wasn't damaged.

If it WAS a 1983 D copper cent, even in this severely damaged state it would still be valuable, but the large date style 8 eliminates that possibility.

Condor101,  I'm not sure how  or why R20coins posted his pictures under my post. Mine are the first one which I wasn't sure if PMD or mint. That 1982 is clearly PMD without question

This is what happens when someone hijacks another posting. It just causes confusion.

Not sure of when this happens, if it is reported the moderators can move it to it's own posting or not. Too new on this forum to know what can and can't be done.

Edited by Greenstang
Correct typo