• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hogg money

10 posts in this topic

Hi there, Lee. I’ve seen a lot of replicas of this coin, so I think it’s fake. 3 years have passed, so how’s it going now? What has this coin turned out to be? I genuinely hope it’s real. My friend, who works as a Mortgage Broker Luton, and I are real fans of coins collecting. You know, we compete each year. At the end of each year, we compare our coin collections. I won last year, so I hope I’ll win this year too. Anyway, keep the topic updated. Collecting coins is an extremely interesting hobby. So, good luck.

Edited by caroljeanturybury

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Here's some real hog money...

download.jpg

OK, I've had my fun. Here's some real hogge money, as it was called:

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/united-states/colonial-period-1616-1775/sommer-islands/

On 8/18/2022 at 4:17 PM, DWLange said:

OK, I've had my fun. Here's some real hogge money, as it was called:

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/united-states/colonial-period-1616-1775/sommer-islands/

I just collect US and German coins, but WOW ... are they all that expensive? 

On 8/18/2022 at 7:51 PM, DWLange said:

Yes---quite rare and expensive.

Well, I guess I will not be starting a complete year/mint collection of those. :grin:

Now that I think about it I believe my brother used to deep dive shipwrecks in Bermuda to look for coins like that. Never found anything super rare/expensive like those, or if he did you could barely make out it was a coin.