• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right or wrong place

6 posts in this topic

Picked this up at an local small estate sale sorry if this is not the place for thecoin in question however I’m having a difficult time finding any information on it so if anyone has any knowledge about it I would appreciate the info

66DB7A6A-B0E5-45CB-8143-29069EDAF187.jpeg

3D9AB0B9-0C22-42E3-9005-88F5B79F107E.jpeg

Admission tokens were issued to enable the bearer to gain access to  a place of entertainment or recreation, a private club, or a sporting or other event.  Some were issued to members, and were reusable. Some were used to operate turnstiles to gain entrance. This one, obviously gave the bearer a 10 cent discount to a particular theater, which appears to be the Palace Theatre in Hillsboro, Texas.

Link to more info

You know how many times I've driven though Hillsboro heading Dallas to Austin?  Way too many.  How many times have I stopped there?  Never.  Checking on google street view they've got a pharmacy claiming to be Texas' oldest right on the square.  Next to a saloon building dated 1876.  

There's a few antique stores but lacking restaurants that I could use as good motivation to base a trip on the place.  Maybe one of these days I'll stop to poke around.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, CRAWTOMATIC said:

You know how many times I've driven though Hillsboro heading Dallas to Austin?  Way too many.  How many times have I stopped there?  Never.  Checking on google street view they've got a pharmacy claiming to be Texas' oldest right on the square.  Next to a saloon building dated 1876.  

There's a few antique stores but lacking restaurants that I could use as good motivation to base a trip on the place.  Maybe one of these days I'll stop to poke around.

I used to go through there almost every weekend.  Picked up some random interesting antiques.  I do recommend it, as long as it's pretty much the same as it was years ago.