• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Try this differently - How to properly submit 1879 Rev 78 Morgan for proper attribution?

3 posts in this topic

I've got an 1879 Rev 78 Morgan that I want to submit for grading.  I don't think it's necessary to tag it as a "Variety Plus" since I'm not looking for a particular VAM on it. 

So - how to I properly indicate what it is on the submission form so that it's properly labelled when I get it back?  Or do I just submit it as a 1879 and NGC will automatically figure out the Rev 78 attribute?

Thanks!

Michael

• Administrator

Hello,

I am going to assume that your are referring to the 1879 "S" Reverse of 78.  If that is the case, there is no charge so you will not need to check Variety Plus.  You should however be sure to list Reverse of 78 in the Variety Column of the submission form.

Thank you,

Lisa

That is correct.  It is an 1879S.  I apologize for the omission.  This makes sense now.  I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that I had to check Variety Plus, Mint Error or provide a Label Number (none of which applied in this case).

Thanks for the clarification.