• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2011 d nickel copper error
1 1

4 posts in this topic

This one is very cool if it's genuine. Idk but I haven't seen one of these on a newer nickel. Interesting. 

20190705_134110.jpg

20190705_134230.jpg

Hey Hinkle,

Well, because that the coloration is only on one side, it's some kind of toning or environmental damage.  If it were an improper alloy error, the coloration would be on both sides. 

Sorry that the news wasn't better, but I hope it was helpful!

~Tom

3 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hey Hinkle,

Well, because that the coloration is only on one side, it's some kind of toning or environmental damage.  If it were an improper alloy error, the coloration would be on both sides. 

Sorry that the news wasn't better, but I hope it was helpful!

~Tom

Thanks Tom, I was thinking that same thing. It was probably sitting in one spot for a while , with the reverse side up. Haha.

2 minutes ago, Hinkle said:

Thanks Tom, I was thinking that same thing. It was probably sitting in one spot for a while , with the reverse side up. Haha.

Exactly Hinkle.....this one may have spent some extended amount of time as the end coin in a roll with the reverse side facing out.  That would be my guess, anyhow.  And I'm always glad to lend a hand when I can :)