• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO DECISION- ?? Resubmit????

6 posts in this topic

We cannot help with out pictures ... NGC is not the final word. There are some very knowledgeable people out here that may be able to help.

Interesting that it was returned with a label.  And even a cert number, which is essentially the tracking number for inventory control on the shipment but still....  Would it be unethical to get one of those fake slabs and put it together yourself?  It'd still say "No Decision" which is pretty confusing.

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/4284870-014/NGCAncients/

Still, even that presents ethics questions.  The label could be altered, a subsequent owner could present it as something else, etc...

*p.s. I've been focused a lot on safety control and loss prevention lately so most of my thoughts lean toward "how could this be used illegally" so when I saw the label there that's what I jumped to.

Bodybagged coins always came back with labels, and for just the reason you mentioned tracking control so every coin on an invoice was accounted for.  What used to really confuse some people was that NGC used MS on their internal tracking labels to indicate Business Strikes (rather than Proof strikes) no matter the state of wear on the coin.  A lot of people would get their worn coins back in bodybags and the use the label to try and market them as "Mint State" because of the MS on the label.