• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 d penny Lincoln kissing Kennedy
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I remember them coming out when I was a kid, along with ones of Lincoln smoking a cigar and such. These used to accompany Lincoln/Kennedy coincidence novelties.

There were ads for them in the back of comic books, as I recall. They also made them with American flags, outlines of the individual states, etc.

So there's a few other different types. I'll keep my eyes open for others. Thanks, something else to put in my collection. 

Hey Hinkle!

Long time, no see.  Good to see you back.  I've found some of those as well....I just found a 1980 cent with Florida carved into it a couple of weeks ago.  They do turn up in circulation from time to time and it would be a fun pursuit to see how many different types you could snag from circulation. 

38 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hey Hinkle!

Long time, no see.  Good to see you back.  I've found some of those as well....I just found a 1980 cent with Florida carved into it a couple of weeks ago.  They do turn up in circulation from time to time and it would be a fun pursuit to see how many different types you could snag from circulation. 

Hahahaha, yeah I've been working camping and going to graduations and reunions. Its pretty busy through here in the summertime trying to get everything in before next winter. I was helping my girlfriend's mom move and in return she gave me a bag of coins for helping. And that's what I found so far. Plus been saving all other change I get when going shopping, so I'll have plenty to search through this coming winter. 

Just now, Hinkle said:

Hahahaha, yeah I've been working camping and going to graduations and reunions. Its pretty busy through here in the summertime trying to get everything in before next winter. I was helping my girlfriend's mom move and in return she gave me a bag of coins for helping. And that's what I found so far. Plus been saving all other change I get when going shopping, so I'll have plenty to search through this coming winter. 

Yeah....it's a busy time of year for sure, with all that going on!  I can relate to busy.....I'm working on my EdD dissertation currently.  Lots of stop-go, stop-go with that.  I like your change plan for winter, I must say.....that'll keep you busy!  Are you checking your quarters for the W mint marks or waiting for winter for that as well?

9 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Yeah....it's a busy time of year for sure, with all that going on!  I can relate to busy.....I'm working on my EdD dissertation currently.  Lots of stop-go, stop-go with that.  I like your change plan for winter, I must say.....that'll keep you busy!  Are you checking your quarters for the W mint marks or waiting for winter for that as well?

O yeah, I bought 40 dollars worth of quarters of two different 2019 varieties. No luck.☹ but looking in change for them little sucker's too.😁

I haven't bought any rolls myself.  It likely wouldn't do me any good.  My little corner of NY State seems to have had an absolute glut of 2018-P Pictured Rocks quarters shipped to us recently.  I've seen 2019-P coins for cents, nickels and dimes but no quarters yet.  I was hoping I'd find one early so I could flip it for something for my Roman collection, but no luck.  But, if anyone wanted 2018-P Pictured Rocks quarters, I can get those!