• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I FINALLY DID IT. 1965 FS JEFFERSON

7 posts in this topic

It looks to be a nickel from an SMS set.  The SMS coins, like proof coins, don't get a Full Step designation in todays grading.  Only cameo or ultra cameo.  If you do locate a nice mint state business strike 1965 Jefferson nickel with full steps that would be the money shot.  Keep looking.

3 hours ago, Coin Cave said:

It looks to be a nickel from an SMS set.  The SMS coins, like proof coins, don't get a Full Step designation in todays grading.  Only cameo or ultra cameo.  If you do locate a nice mint state business strike 1965 Jefferson nickel with full steps that would be the money shot.  Keep looking.

Well well I did not know that.   POOP

9 hours ago, TON Collection said:

Well well I did not know that.   POOP

Your coin is still a nice nickel.  1965-67 SMS coins are a cool set to collect.  Look for SMS coins with cameo effects.  Cameo SMS coins are also rare. 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, Coin Cave said:

Your coin is still a nice nickel.  1965-67 SMS coins are a cool set to collect.  Look for SMS coins with cameo effects.  Cameo SMS coins are also rare. 

Like this kennedy but 1969 proof

image.jpg

12 hours ago, TON Collection said:

Like this kennedy but 1969 proof

image.jpg

If you can find a '65-'67 SMS coin that looks like that - especially a '65 - then you have something nice, regardless of the denomination.