1934 penny error
1 1

5 posts in this topic

The obverse looks like a shiny plum red , and the reverse is some kind of mix of different colors. Never seen one of these before. How strange. 🤔 what's your thoughts. 

20190505_210019.jpg

Hey Hinkle,

I think your coin is just showing some toning, which isn't unusual for Lincoln Cents.  It's not an error, just a result of the copper in the coin reacting with other chemicals in it's environment.

3 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hey Hinkle,

I think your coin is just showing some toning, which isn't unusual for Lincoln Cents.  It's not an error, just a result of the copper in the coin reacting with other chemicals in it's environment.

Thanks Mohawk, I find the strangest coins sometimes. But that's what makes it really interesting coin roll hunting. 🧐😁

Just now, Hinkle said:

Thanks Mohawk, I find the strangest coins sometimes. But that's what makes it really interesting coin roll hunting. 🧐😁

That's a great outlook Hinkle!  You can find some interesting things in rolls sometimes.  It's also good that you ask about what you find....it's how you learn in this hobby.  I started out in the hobby roll hunting myself and I will still buy roll sometimes just for fun, and I don't even collect US coins anymore!  It's a great pastime.

Good luck in your hunting!

~Tom