• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best day and time to sell coins on eBay.

5 posts in this topic

I just want to ask the members what they think the best time and day is to sell your coins on eBay. I know people are on different time zones andI that Heritage auctions does their weekly Tuesday at 6 p.m. Central Time. 

But what's the best day and time for people on the East and West coast?

Any suggestions. Thanks. 

Well....it varies.  I do most of my eBay sales as Buy It Now or Best Offer format sales, so the day doesn't matter so much but I have heard from people who do more auction type selling that the best thing to do is list your auctions so that they end on a Sunday because that's a day when a lot of people are at home and they can throw in those last minute bids that can make a real difference in selling price sometimes.  As far as specific times, I'm not sure sure about that.

Same as Mohawk here but I had read ending an auction on a Friday was the best results.  Different articles, different "journalists"...probably not even real research into it all.  eBay themselves would have the analytics down to the category and all but not sure if they share it.  If they provide a free API then it's possible to workout your own type of tracker but now I'm just going to far down the rabbit hole....

I guess if you're doing auctions and you know for certain Heritage has Tuesday night locked up, and that GreatCollections has Sunday, then I'd most likely choose any other day of the week so as not to conflict with the big boys.

blah, blah, blah obligatory mention of SixBid since NGC keeps sending emails regarding that site so you might want to check their schedule as well. 

You have to keep in mind when doing auctions - You want primetime on the WEST coast