• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1928 Quarter what would you grade this

5 posts in this topic

I’d shoot for AU53 or AU55 grade ... still a beautiful coin! My grandfather was a huge collector of Standing liberty quarters back in the days when I was a kid it was one of his favorite series to collect ... 

14 minutes ago, Jason Abshier said:

I’d shoot for AU53 or AU55 grade ... still a beautiful coin! My grandfather was a huge collector of Standing liberty quarters back in the days when I was a kid it was one of his favorite series to collect ... 

Thank you.  1 of my favorite series too.

I thought about this, and I think it's a 58. The strike is quite good, though not full, so one doesn't expect a full head or shield; there would be light flatness. However, I think what I see is a combination of light flatness on the very high points and light rub: the face, the shield where one or two studs are missing, possibly the drapery and hip. What is clear is that any wear is very minimal. In hand I would be able to assess this better, but as we have it, 58 is my guess. Nice SLQ.

13 minutes ago, JKK said:

I thought about this, and I think it's a 58. The strike is quite good, though not full, so one doesn't expect a full head or shield; there would be light flatness. However, I think what I see is a combination of light flatness on the very high points and light rub: the face, the shield where one or two studs are missing, possibly the drapery and hip. What is clear is that any wear is very minimal. In hand I would be able to assess this better, but as we have it, 58 is my guess. Nice SLQ.

Thank you .