• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my toners came in, I am scratching my head at this one

10 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Just Bob said:

I vote AT. 

me too I just deep down dont want to admit it. these coins look beautiful in hand. Bob have you seen many peace dollars like this?

Hey Pete,

I hate to say it my friend, but I'm suspicious of them.  They just don't have a natural look to me.  Toned coins can be a very tough area to learn.

Sorry for the bad news :(

~Tom

5 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hey Pete,

I hate to say it my friend, but I'm suspicious of them.  They just don't have a natural look to me.  Toned coins can be a very tough area to learn.

Sorry for the bad news :(

~Tom

I am however still pleased with them. They're pretty good AT coins. I didnt pay too much for them, so I am considering keeping them.

Just now, BipolarBaby said:

I am however still pleased with them. They're pretty good AT coins. I didnt pay too much for them, so I am considering keeping them.

Hey Pete,

If you don't have too much in them and you like them, why not?  I think that most of us, if not all of us, have problem coins in our collections.  I'd say no harm done if you dig them!

24 minutes ago, BipolarBaby said:

me too I just deep down dont want to admit it. these coins look beautiful in hand. Bob have you seen many peace dollars like this?

I have, but it was on Ebay, on the sites of coin doctors. 

I am no expert on toning,  but my opinion is that they are not natural.

I am going to my local coin dealer tomorrow or tuesday, I am almost certain they're AT. The tone is so well done, and the luster is still extremely strong on them. I bought several others from the same Ebayer and they all show signs of AT. If its too good to be true, most likely it is. 

8 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I have, but it was on Ebay, on the sites of coin doctors. 

I am no expert on toning,  but my opinion is that they are not natural.

Do you have a link to a coin doc on ebay? I want to compare these coins to others. I cannot find a single other peace dollar that looks like this on ebay. I might not be looking in the right direction. I see a lot of the same type of toners just from the one guy I bought from. HE doesnt seem like a coin doctor  by any means tho. Seems like he knows a guy who knows a guy .

2 hours ago, BipolarBaby said:

Do you have a link to a coin doc on ebay? I want to compare these coins to others. I cannot find a single other peace dollar that looks like this on ebay. I might not be looking in the right direction. I see a lot of the same type of toners just from the one guy I bought from. HE doesnt seem like a coin doctor  by any means tho. Seems like he knows a guy who knows a guy .

https://www.m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=wambles&isRefine=tr