• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IGS graded coins

10 posts in this topic

I have many coins in slabs graded by igs.   Where is the best place to sell these or what should I do with them?

48 minutes ago, Jte said:

I have many coins in slabs graded by igs.   Where is the best place to sell these or what should I do with them?

Can you send some pics to my mail. I take a look at what you are getting rid of. And the coin marketplace on this site as well

There have been at least three different companies that went by IGS, two were wannabe legitimate firms from many years ago, one is a basement slabber of more recent vintage.

Spoiler

I know that heritage and great collections require ngc, pcgs or anancs graded coins.   can I send my IGS graded coins to one of them and have them grade them?  will they break them out of a slab?  I have Lincoln cents, Jefferson nickels, Ike silver dollars, Franklin and kennedy half dollars.....Most of them proofs pr-70 some ma-68s and a coulple of ms-65s/  How to access the marketplace on this site to post them?

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Conder101 said:

There have been at least three different companies that went by IGS, two were wannabe legitimate firms from many years ago, one is a basement slabber of more recent vintage.

18 hours ago, Jte said:

Could you mean ICG?  I have never heard of IGS.

Here is a link to the Marketplace Forum: Click here

Be aware that your coins may not grade as high if you submit them to NGC to be regraded. In fact, some may not grade at all. Most third and lower tier grading services and self-slabbers put whatever grade they wanted to on the coins they slabbed, whether the coins deserved the grade or not.

These are pretty legitimate actually.  I have become fairly proficient in using the pcgs photo grading online chart and can call it right most of the time now.

12 hours ago, Mokiechan said:

Could you mean ICG?  I have never heard of IGS

I can't speak for the OP, but I did mean IGS.  There are a lot of small, old, or fly by night companies out there that a lot of people are not aware of..