• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1914 Buffalo Nickel Error

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys.  Been looking through some of my nickles in detail and I came across this error. I'm no error guy,  so I'm not sure what the technical term would be.  Clash? (Under chin) I saw in coin talk, but the op posted bad pics so everyone fixated on a lamination error on the reverse rather than a dress his question. Thanks in advance. 

20190203_152405-01.jpeg

20190203_152454-01.jpeg

20190403_200512-01.jpeg

2 hours ago, thebeav said:

That is indeed a die clash. A nice one too !

Good looking nickel.

Thank you 👍

11 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I agree. I like clashes

I haven't seen many to be honest & I don't know how I missed this one.  I probably wasn't wearing my glasses.  

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That kind of die clash is common on early-date Buffalo Nickels, and the E PLURIBUS UNUM beneath the Indian's jaw is know as "chin whiskers."

11 hours ago, DWLange said:

That kind of die clash is common on early-date Buffalo Nickels, and the E PLURIBUS UNUM beneath the Indian's jaw is know as "chin whiskers."

Yes, and it's amazing how common it is, yet the a lack of information when searched. There's a little out there but horrible examples.