• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading a commemorative coin

3 posts in this topic

My father has recently gotten interested in collecting coins. He's owns several of the President Trump 2020 Freedom Coins (the .999 silver coins). He was telling me all about everything he's learned about coins from The Coin Vault and Rick Tomaska's tv shows. I would love to be able to get one of these coins graded for him just for the heck of it, but because its a commemorative coin, do you think its worth it to get it graded? Also, I get so confused looking at the tiers, would this qualify under the "modern" category? It falls into the "1955 - to present" category, however, I don't have a clue to what patterns or die trials are. I appreciate any help for a newbie.

13 hours ago, dl28494 said:

My father has recently gotten interested in collecting coins. He's owns several of the President Trump 2020 Freedom Coins (the .999 silver coins). He was telling me all about everything he's learned about coins from The Coin Vault and Rick Tomaska's tv shows. I would love to be able to get one of these coins graded for him just for the heck of it, but because its a commemorative coin, do you think its worth it to get it graded? Also, I get so confused looking at the tiers, would this qualify under the "modern" category? It falls into the "1955 - to present" category, however, I don't have a clue to what patterns or die trials are. I appreciate any help for a newbie.

I was unable to find that particular Trump coin graded so I don't believe NGC graded them. I am not 100% sure of it, but it appears that way.  

I was able to find this trump coin in a NGC slab - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slabbed-Cased-Donald-Trump-USA-45th-President-1-oz-999-Solid-Silver-Round-Coin/264141489851?epid=600054268&hash=item3d800f46bb:g:K~UAAOSwijhcPobS

Or if you just want that same coin in a non graded regular slab, here is one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slabbed-Cased-Donald-Trump-USA-45th-President-1-oz-999-Solid-Silver-Round-Coin/264141489851?epid=600054268&hash=item3d800f46bb:g:K~UAAOSwijhcPobS