• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1983 d missing 3 in date rare or not

6 posts in this topic

well u guys are suppose to know this stuff not to hard to tell me if its a rare error coin ive been through many penny rolls and this is the first time seeing something like this and ive never seen anybody post anything like this on you tube

34 minutes ago, robert2369 said:

well u guys are suppose to know this stuff not to hard to tell me if its a rare error coin ive been through many penny rolls and this is the first time seeing something like this and ive never seen anybody post anything like this on you tube

Hi robert2369, I'm a newbie on here also. You got to be patient, and let these guy do research on your coin. So that way you get better accurate answers. It takes time to look at and view coins. You will be lucky if they say anything after you being like that. Just a little advice. Good luck

It looks like the missing "3" is the result of a grease filled die. The grease did not allow the metal to flow into the recess that would have formed the "3."

As far as the odd looking mark on the rim: I can't tell you what caused it,  but I can tell you that it is  not  a misplaced numeral, or anything like that. It resembles a "3" or a "w" or a McDonald's sign,  but it is not any of those things.