• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apparently Censorship is Alive and Well Across the Street

17 posts in this topic

I was lurking across the street and saw that Southernbelle apparently tried to post a thread asking Michael Dixon for proof concerning his thread about Greg possibly lying. Looks like the thread got yanked. She apparently posted to Dixon's original thread which was not censored, however.

I always hate to see censorship. frown.gif

I haven't been over there to see it, but I posted to that thread asking Michael a question and never got an answer. He is now on my do not do business with this dealer list. I too am curious why it was deleted. Maybe on of the regulars over that complained to Hall will call them up and find out for us. It seems like at least one of regs over there knows what Hall is going to say before he posts it in the forum, must be a coincidence.

Mike,

It seems to me like you asked Michael Dixon a reasonable question. Dixon's post did seem unusual. Southernbelle's post asked Dixon to supply proof of his accusation (I believed she used the word innuendo). Seems like a reasonable enough request, if someone is going to question another person's integrity in a public forum. I thought it very strange that a thread was apparently there one minute and gone the next.

I think Dixon should answer your question, and her's. If someone is going to imply another person is lying, they ought to present hard evidence.

I think that the reason Dixon hasn't accepted the ban yet is that first, no PCGS staff member has come out and said who was banned. They have alluded to it, and said that two members were banned, and not denied it when it was specifically mentioned that Greg was banned, but no one has point blank said, We Banned Greg.

Secondly, about a year ago, Spooly pretended to be banned, and posted over here that Carol had booted him. Dixon could be thinking back to that time and thinking it was a prank, without seeing the extent of the animosity that to me, was simple proof of the ban.

Thirdly, hell, he could have a submission waiting to be finalized. wink.gif

Oh yeah, I've done business with Mike off of E-Bay for some raw stuff, and I find him to be of impeccable character regarding his coins. Don't let this stop you from doing business with him.

Well Carol just pulled Michael Dixon's thread across the street. She said that Southernbell's thread was not coin related and that is the reason it was pulled, and now she's said the same about Dixon's thread.

I guess they are really tightening up over there.

Actually, Mike's thread was moved to the Open Forum, so she did not delete that one. However, I believe that the attitude of deleting SouthernBelle's thread sets a bad precedent.

I'm waiting to see how long until I get booted. I pointed out that using DHRC's inventory to determine FT on Roosies was a conflict of interest that even HRH can't deny. laugh.gif

[Q]Mike's thread was moved to the Open Forum.[/Q]

So a thread critical of Greg gets moved to the open forum, and one questioning the legitimacy of the assumptions made in that thread gets deleted. confused.gif

Wonder how they explain that policy.

Keithdagon, if you get the boot, will your new icon have masking tape across Kennedy's mouth? grin.gif

I was surprised by michaeldixon's tone in his thread "Is Greg banned." He seemed to strongly suggest Greg is a liar. Also, last week when Supercoin (?) sent a letter to PCGS stating words to the effect "We request you reinstate him", Dixon said words to the effect "What do you mean 'We'" and Supercoin complied and changed the wording to "Many of us here."

Keith, Michael could have logged in here and asked Greg and dakra themselves rather question their veracity in a public forum, sorry to me that is classless. It's not like he doesn't frequent the open forum and couldn't have read those posts. One of the members from across the street put a shame on us for talking about a member here and not there. I didn't see him chastise Michael for doing the same thing. frown.gif

Keithdagon, if you get the boot, will your new icon have masking tape across Kennedy's mouth?

Probably not, that is my third or fourth icon.

I originally used a Devil icon, similar to Greg's, but not quite. That was back before custom icons. Soon after they opened up custom icons, Dog_97 quit for a while, and I used an icon of a "Devil" Dog. I used a flag after 9-11 for several months, then finally adopted that Kennedy (which I own).

I've been looking at my coins for a while, trying to pick a new one, but haven't decided which yet. I've bought a lot of cool toners since then.

Keith, Michael could have logged in here and asked Greg and dakra themselves rather question their veracity in a public forum, sorry to me that is classless. It's not like he doesn't frequent the open forum and couldn't have read those posts. One of the members from across the street put a shame on us for talking about a member here and not there. I didn't see him chastise Michael for doing the same thing.

I'm not sure why Mike's reaction was so strong, but he is a good guy at heart, even if he is temporarily acting like an *&^.

A few things. I saw that thread. Michael sent me an email BEFORE posting that and asked me if I was banned. I responded that I was.

Why he posted that thread is beyond me. It sure seemed like he was happy about me being banned. I sent him another email regarding one of his statements in that thread. I have not heard back from him.

I have done business with MD in the past and would hope that I misinterperted his thread. He seemed like a good guy.

I have to agree with Mike about Dixon. He impuned strongly on a person's character without providing any proof, and did so in a public forum. If he apologizes, I would consider dealing with him. Otherwise, there are plenty of dealers around that don't use a public forum for questionable behavior. He was coming across very strong in that thread. Perhaps he should answer Mike's question.

As for threads being moved to another forum, I have requested this in the past and Carol has agreed with me. There have been perhaps 6-12 threads that I have asked Carol to move and she has moved all of them but one. The one she did not move was because the thread sunk so fast. The last one I asked her to move was only within the last two weeks. She is very good about that if you point out the truly worthless or vindictive threads.

I had also read that thread and don't know why it had to be moved. If it falls under the category of having to be moved then I would assume that more than half the current threads would have to be moved. I also have had off-Board conversations with Michael in the past and he has good integrity; the wording of his thread and subsequent tenacity, however, surprised me.

TomB, I couldn't agree with you more on all the points you just made. I would also add there are posters in the coin forum that never stay on a coin topic, its always about why can't we get along or profusing life experiences. If you are going to move nontopical threads then why not limit posters to the open forum who have nothing to add to the topic. What is the difference?