• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC???

9 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2019 at 6:05 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

I'm currently trying to get coins CAC "beaned."

Not so that they'll be worth more, but just because I like the little "football" hologram.

Quite a few of the coins I have in my personal collection have a CAC sticker on them, but I could care less about it. I honestly understand and respect what you posted, it does raise value...I wanted the coin based on its merits and sometimes the ones I seek have this sticker, but not all...I suppose I had to pay up for it over the years...if you like the hologram I think that's Great!!! I like the NGC Star on the slabs and have an enormous amount of them...the hologram is kinda cool now that I think about it, I actually have an error hologram on a Franklin half DCAM slab the dealer in California didn't want to part with it and I wasn't paying more so he sold it to me anyway....wonder what it's worth?

Some of my older slabs, that are being replaced with modern slabs, that had the "beans," also had little red/pink ANA stampings on them too.

I wouldn't mind getting those little stamps back, too.  At least I need to find out what those ANA "stamps" were all about. (don't know)

I think these extras add "interest" and "mystery" to the coin contained within.

Maybe your error hologram was a "gold bean"… not an error at all.

I wish I had a "star" on a few slabs… just one more curiosity to display, that would add further interest.

Coins that have such grade accentuations result in them being studied more carefully by casual, as well as experienced, observers.

35 minutes ago, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Maybe your error hologram was a "gold bean"… not an error at all.

It is a green one, I know which SDB it's in...just need to get it, I also need to take a bunch of pictures of coins also...just never made time...gets me excited though...your right about certain ones studied more....Star Coins (slabs) and Star Notes...pretty cool stuff...

I clicked on the link and read through their site pretty quick. So an NGC slabbed coin is not 'verified enough?' These guys need to pile on and super verify it - ha ha.

I could see value here with a second tier grader or even a basement grader, but not the top two companies. Seems like a racket to me...

I'll let everyone know how I fare on the coins I've submitted to CAC. (first time I've ever done this)

The coin dealer I'm working with suggested 30 — 40 % of the coins he submits usually "bean."

I'm hoping for higher percentages.