• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1962 one centavo

12 posts in this topic

Thought this is pretty cool. Look it up but couldn't find one to figure out any errors. All I found was that the mintage for a 1958 and 1962 is pretty low. But the 1960 and 1963 is pretty high. But pretty interesting. 

20190209_195917.jpg

Hey Hinkle,

That's another cool find!  I like those 1950's and 1960's Philippine issues myself.  They're pretty sharp.  I don't see any errors on your coin either, just a nice circulated business strike.  Was this a circulation find?

1 minute ago, Mohawk said:

Hey Hinkle,

That's another cool find!  I like those 1950's and 1960's Philippine issues myself.  They're pretty sharp.  I don't see any errors on your coin either, just a nice circulated business strike.  Was this a circulation find?

Yeah, I was like what the heck is this. Actually first time ever seeing one. I've found dimes in the rolls but not these. 

It's definitely an unusual find for a US cent roll.  I've never found one out in the wild.  I think the most exotic find I've had is a Panama quarter balboa, but since they are the same size and composition as a US quarter, that'd be a more likely find than your centavo.  I've also found some Loonies, which are always fun! 

13 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

It's definitely an unusual find for a US cent roll.  I've never found one out in the wild.  I think the most exotic find I've had is a Panama quarter balboa, but since they are the same size and composition as a US quarter, that'd be a more likely find than your centavo.  I've also found some Loonies, which are always fun! 

I also found a 1946 Canadian,  georivs . You know anything about them. 

Are you talking about a 1946 Canadian Cent?  If so, they're collectible.  They're valued around the same as Wheat cents, about 10 cents a piece. If it helps, you can think of the George VI Cents as Canadian Wheat Cents :).  Canada is one of my specialties.....I know a lot about Canadian coins and I'm willing to share my knowledge whenever it's needed.

Thanks for the pics.  Yep, that's a George VI Cent.  I always love finding them....hunting for those guys in circulation was my earliest collecting pursuit.  I started down the coin collecting path because of a 1947 Maple Leaf Cent I found when I was 8.  I always have great memories when I see one of those......great find Hinkle!

11 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Thanks for the pics.  Yep, that's a George VI Cent.  I always love finding them....hunting for those guys in circulation was my earliest collecting pursuit.  I started down the coin collecting path because of a 1947 Maple Leaf Cent I found when I was 8.  I always have great memories when I see one of those......great find Hinkle!

Hey mohawk, just curious does the pointed 5 have to be on the 1985. I have a 1955 Canadian cent that does have a point. Huh .🤔