• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1988 penny with 89 reverse

10 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mohawk said:

No luck on that one Hinkle......I'm seeing a regular old Reverse of '88 on that one.

Haha, ok thank you. 😟😁

Hey, at least you got one though!  I've never found a 1988 Reverse of 1989 in my hunting.  I've found a couple of 1984 Doubled Die Obverses though.  But, my main circulation hunting goal, the 1985 Pointed 5 Canadian Cent, has eluded me for decades!

6 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hey, at least you got one though!  I've never found a 1988 Reverse of 1989 in my hunting.  I've found a couple of 1984 Doubled Die Obverses though.  But, my main circulation hunting goal, the 1985 Pointed 5 Canadian Cent, has eluded me for decades!

That's cool, I have a bunch of canadians cents. Pointed 5 is it supposed to be pointed how. Hmm, I should dig mine out. But I was told there's really nothing about those. Learn something every day. 

Hey Hinkle,

I'd be interested to know if you have one......here's a link to show you the 1985 Pointed 5:

http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php?coin=1-cent-1985&years=1-cent-1965-1989

It's a neat variety.  I've been looking for one in circulation for about 30 years off and on, since I was 8.  My first collecting project was Canadian Small Cents out of circulation.  I still have it, though the Whitman Folders have been changed a couple of times since then.  It's still not complete.  I could have just bought a 1985 Pointed 5, but it would be breaking the rules :) 

There's some good varieties in Canadian cents.  A lot of American collectors don't know about them though.  I do, because I've been a Canada nut for a long time, both the coins and the country.

6 hours ago, DWLange said:

Thank you DWLange, I'm really looking for that 1982 small date copper, or the 1983. That what I was attend to do at first.  But alot other interesting one's where popping up. And looking at the varieties that NGC has helps even more when I scan out the pennies. My hunting has made alot of excitement to be that much more into finding. And it's nice that because you can actually say I found it. I bought a couple of coins one time but not the same feeling as if you found it yourself. Thanks.