• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on leaving negative feedback on eBay

33 posts in this topic

Sometimes negative feedback is for such ridiculous reasons...last one I got was a guy who wanted it shipped to different addresses and refused to change it with eBay...not a cheap coin so I wanted to go by the book...it was around Christmas and he blamed me for all his stress and ruining his Holiday....I call them Vampires because they suck the energy and positive spirit right out of you....if you let them....

I would like to see a lot more honest feedback on ebay instead of the sugary, saccharine positive feedback that is not real; sure there are happy buyers who are pleasantly surprised with their numismatic item but there seems to be a real reluctance for disgruntled buyers to leave an honest critical assessment, because I guess they can always return the item.  

A couple recent returns I frankly had to do; one raw gold coin that was clearly cleaned/polished, I won't leave feedback on it because a return is enough of a pain for buyer and seller.  Another was a non-P/N certified coin called "65+" when there was clearly altered surfaces on the cheek of the Morgan.  As a consumer advocate I'd like to say something, but the seller is already known for some sleazy tactics, why pile on?