• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman Gold Coin

6 posts in this topic

Hello all.  I am looking at a 2017 "Spiderman"  limited addition gold coin.  The run is limited to only 250 coins.  The coin comes with a COA signed by the creator of "Spiderman," who past away in 2017.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this coin.  I would like anyone's opinion about how collectable this coin may be in the future.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

One is it actually a coin?  Or is it just a medallion?  What country is it from?  If it isn't actually a coin then the only way it would have a premium over bullion might be from a comic collector.  Even if it is a coin, in the long run it will still probably end up being basically worth the bullion value.  Usually the only thing rarer than these "limited edition" gold "coins" are collectors interested in them.

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Didn't Stan Lee like literally just pass away in the last month?  Or is there a different creator of Spiderman?

Stan Lee passed away November 12th 2018

OK I find two different 1 oz gold spiderman coins from the Cook Islands in 2017.  One has a mintage of 250 and a COA, the other has a COA and signed by Stan Lee, but it has a mintage of 1,000.  The 250 mintage coins is about twice bullion, the 1,000 mintage with the signature is about 4X bullion value.  I'm not impressed.