• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Continental Currency 1776 fake?

3 posts in this topic

Fake, so you can start by getting any red book, a standard coin book which in the introduction can really help you in understanding how to approach coins...does not mean that you will become an identification expert but will give you the ability to understand basic coin concepts and terminology.

I used to spend alot of time with people on issues like yours and then realized I'm not helping you if you don't want help. Please seek a coin book and it will help you/us be able to approach the correct questions first..

Example, "in my counterfeit coin detection book I learned that bubble like projections can be seen on the suspect coin surface...are these those bubbles from cast counterfeit the book explains?"

Many on another coin forum will just answer you for post count, and that's OK too...but soon no one will thinking your a troll and it makes it hard for those who really want to know about the coin and learn...it's like a payable service...when the court, a lawyer or bank calls me I charge them, that's different because they don't care they just need an answer...I'm just trying to help you with respect, library has coin books for free...don't be afraid to get into the books...that coin is one of the most counterfeited ones out there. Ask yourself, "where did I get it?" A flea market for $3 or from a safety deposit box in liquidation? 

9 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Fake, so you can start by getting any red book, a standard coin book which in the introduction can really help you in understanding how to approach coins...does not mean that you will become an identification expert but will give you the ability to understand basic coin concepts and terminology.

I used to spend alot of time with people on issues like yours and then realized I'm not helping you if you don't want help. Please seek a coin book and it will help you/us be able to approach the correct questions first..

Example, "in my counterfeit coin detection book I learned that bubble like projections can be seen on the suspect coin surface...are these those bubbles from cast counterfeit the book explains?"

Many on another coin forum will just answer you for post count, and that's OK too...but soon no one will thinking your a troll and it makes it hard for those who really want to know about the coin and learn...it's like a payable service...when the court, a lawyer or bank calls me I charge them, that's different because they don't care they just need an answer...I'm just trying to help you with respect, library has coin books for free...don't be afraid to get into the books...that coin is one of the most counterfeited ones out there. Ask yourself, "where did I get it?" A flea market for $3 or from a safety deposit box in liquidation? 

I inherited this from my grandpa. He had a large collection. I’ll have to check out some books. Thanks for the advise!