• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1996p proof ase ?

4 posts in this topic

first off thanks to anyone that help i bought this 1996p proof from a well well well known lcs (silvertowne) never once have i had an issue well i sold this ase and the buyer clams it is fake yes i know there is wear on the date and coin itself also it is beat up but they say it is fake due to the date can anyone help thank you

20180825_210850.jpg

20180815_165834.jpg

Well....it can be hard to tell a genuine coin from a fake without having the coin in hand as there are some very deceptive fakes out there but, from what I see, you have a genuine proof 1996 Silver Eagle that is impaired.  It's not the prettiest proof ASE out there, but I'd say it's real based on the photos.  I think what you actually have is a buyer with a case of buyer's remorse......as I said, it's not the prettiest proof ASE and the buyer may have been willing to live with the coin until they actually held it in their hand.  Selling off-quality moderns can be a tricky thing and there's always that risk of buyer's remorse.

I hope this helps!

~Tom

Edited by Mohawk

thank you very much for your input Mohawk . the buyer fully knew what they was buying they was sent over 15 diff photos and 2 videos. and like i said i bought it from silvertowne a big time player in the game and i bought it in person because i only live 6 miles away so i really dont seeing it being a fake there whole argument is the spacing between the 9 and 6 ? thats "how they know 100% its fake" but from everyone i have looked at online from jb and ampex ect. the spacing looks spot on to me the bought it knowing exactly what the condition was and only for 8$ over spot even tho she looks BAD i have seen worse sell for more just due to it being proof and a 96