• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sacagewea no date anywhere

4 posts in this topic

What you have there is a highly damaged coin.  The damage has obliterated the date and the other edge lettering.  The coin is worth face value only.

I agree that it's badly worn and roughed up, but I wonder about the date/mm. If it had been worn off, surely, the rest of the obverse would be flatter. Perhaps someone ground it off, but I'd think that would leave evidence we could see. The motto isn't worn off and I'm not aware that normal wear would be prone to wear off something from the right field but spare that in the left field.

The OP is showing a 2009 Sac in which the Motto and MM is on the edge of the coin. Not on the Obverse. "E Pluribus Unum, Date & MM is on the edge.  It looks like the possibility that it has worn off the edges enough that you cannot see any lettering or numbers.