• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tale if the 1854 Half Eagle

7 posts in this topic

Well, at least we now know that he had it all these years, so it's not like he was walking around with a detector and Karma was really on his side that day. Lol! Plus a little back story on the coins. I am happier than I was about the first article I read. And it does beat the heck out of this fake 1854 Cali Token I was given today.

7 hours ago, LINCOLNMAN said:

Still not much, if any, background information from the seller, but can't say I would handle it any differently. Nothing at all to be gained.

Hey Mr Lincoln Man! Was it you telling me about how sometimes people do find new errors on old coins? If so, did you see the 88 Dime I shared last night?  Not a Lincoln but has me completely hopeful that my name may be on a discovery.

10 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Hey Mr Lincoln Man! Was it you telling me about how sometimes people do find new errors on old coins? If so, did you see the 88 Dime I shared last night?  Not a Lincoln but has me completely hopeful that my name may be on a discovery.

Karen, sorry but I'm not an error guy, but there are may others who are.