• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1941 Lincoln Memorial penny

10 posts in this topic

Unless this is a 1941 DDO, what you have here a worn (circulated) and looking at it, cleaned common cent, 1 of 887 million struck in Philadelphia. Collector value, next to zero.

Just for the sake of clarity: Memorial cents are the ones with the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse. They were minted from 1959-2008. This reverse is usually called a "wheat" or "wheat ears" reverse. They were minted from 1909-1958.

43 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Just for the sake of clarity: Memorial cents are the ones with the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse. They were minted from 1959-2008. This reverse is usually called a "wheat" or "wheat ears" reverse. They were minted from 1909-1958.

Thank you for the correction I was dog tired when I posted don't know why I said memorial Thanks 

1 hour ago, WoodenJefferson said:

Unless this is a 1941 DDO, what you have here a worn (circulated) and looking at it, cleaned common cent, 1 of 887 million struck in Philadelphia. Collector value, next to zero.

So you think it's been cleaned from the appearance in picture 1941 DDO would you happen to have a image on hand Thank you for the comment 

So we all know this is a cleaned Lincoln Wheatie cent. But does that look like a cud on Lincolns forehead instead of a coonskin cap? 

8 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

So we all know this is a cleaned Lincoln Wheatie cent. But does that look like a cud on Lincolns forehead instead of a coonskin cap? 

It is kinda bushy thanks for comment

1 hour ago, bsshog40 said:

I think it's a live coon.