• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC on site grading - what to expect?

3 posts in this topic

Is NGC on site grading actually graded on site? Or is it actually on site submissions? I'll be going to the Philly show which has NGC listed as on site grading and I'm going to wait for some submissions I have. Do they do it same day? Do they need a couple days? Or do you drop them off and go back to NGC HQ then get mailed to you? And do they have any expert reviews or presidential walk thru service or whatever they call it? For example if I'd like an opinion on a coin before cracking it out and attempting a cross will someone be willing to look at it and offer a pretty definitive opinion, whether for an extra fee or not? Thanks

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

NGC will be grading on-site at the Philadelphia ANA Convention. Coins for on-site grading will be accepted from convention opening until sometime on Friday, usually noon. Regular submissions for office grading are accepted until noon or so on Saturday.

The onsite submissions are not completed in the same day. Depending on volume, it will be 24-48 hours for completion, with all coins delivered before the close of NGC's booth on Saturday. Any coins that are not picked up by NGC's closing will be shipped to the submitter from our office.

Typically, we have a grader providing verbal reviews of coins for an hour on one or two days, depending on his availability. The most likely time for this will be Thursday afternoon, but that has yet to be determined. Details will appear on the NGC website as the show gets closer. There is no fee for verbal opinions, but the number of coins that will be examined per customer is limited.