• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, would this be like Broadstruck? Or trash?

11 posts in this topic

It weighs 2.6g. I can make out 19?2 or 7. And the wheat and one cent on the REV. The REV also kind of looks capped. There are indents of I.G.W.T. and LIBERTY.  Idk? It just looks weird and since it took me an hour to get these shots taken, I figured I may as well ask.

Spoiler

0323182252a-1.jpg

0323182315_Burst01-1.jpg

0323182301.jpg

That looks like it went through a tumbler, the kind with ceramic pellets that they put die-cut nylon washers through in order to wear off the sharp edges. I don't think it's any form of error that has a collectible premium, though it is kind of interesting-looking. Good type of coin to give to kids as they are fascinated by that stuff.

12 hours ago, JKK said:

That looks like it went through a tumbler, the kind with ceramic pellets that they put die-cut nylon washers through in order to wear off the sharp edges. I don't think it's any form of error that has a collectible premium, though it is kind of interesting-looking. Good type of coin to give to kids as they are fascinated by that stuff.

Daggonit. I was so sure I had a winner. I'm beginning to feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Thanks JKK

4 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Daggonit. I was so sure I had a winner. I'm beginning to feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Thanks JKK

Why does it say insufficiently thoughtful person when I keyed in insufficiently_thoughtful_person?

9 minutes ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Why does it say insufficiently thoughtful person when I keyed in insufficiently_thoughtful_person?

While I have you here... This is probably the same then, huh?

1521928026347309632265.jpg

16 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

I'm glad you can make out a date cause I can't see any numbers with these old eyes. lol 

It wasn't easy. And probably way off.

On 3/24/2018 at 5:53 PM, KarenHolcomb said:

This is probably the same then, huh?

Afraid so, just Post strike damage.

As for why it changed what you typed in earlier, the forum has some filtering software that changes certain phrases which could be considered impolite into other less impolite terms. You found one of them.

3 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Afraid so, just Post strike damage.

As for why it changed what you typed in earlier, the forum has some filtering software that changes certain phrases which could be considered impolite into other less impolite terms. You found one of them.

Lol! Well I definitely feel like an insufficiently thoughtful person. I totally thought the definition of insufficiently_thoughtful_person was totally different. 

Btw, I did find one of those BIE pennies, so I am happy. It really doesn't take much.

6 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Lol! Well I definitely feel like an insufficiently thoughtful person. I totally thought the definition of insufficiently_thoughtful_person was totally different. 

Btw, I did find one of those BIE pennies, so I am happy. It really doesn't take much.

Not a problem. By the way, this forum recently migrated from a different platform. On that one, naughty words got changed to *spoon*. After seeing this happen a time or two, I just started using *spoon* myself. As in, "I used to buy from a local vest-pocket dealer until I figured out he was full of bull*spoon*."

5 hours ago, JKK said:

Not a problem. By the way, this forum recently migrated from a different platform. On that one, naughty words got changed to *spoon*. After seeing this happen a time or two, I just started using *spoon* myself. As in, "I used to buy from a local vest-pocket dealer until I figured out he was full of bull*spoon*."

Nice.