• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Kings Pearls

3 posts in this topic

Could one of you learned chaps please explain to a mug like me, just what are they talking about, when refering to the "Six Pearls and the Cross on the Kings Crown, on English & Australian Coin 1930's ish era. Don't ask me which King he is , Old Bloke with Whiskers Cheers

Typically the crown has a cross at the top and there are two arching bands from the cross down to the headband seen in profile.  There are round balls on that band.  Those are the pearls.  There are some different varieties that depend on the number of pearls present.  In the 1930's it would be either George V til 36 or George VI 37 on.  Edward the VIII would have been king in 37 but he abdicated.

Thanks Condor101 for your reply. I could not seem to agree with you though , the line of what I also presumed as Pearls going either side of the cross had 13 balls aside, did not make sense. Kept on Googling and Blow me Down if EBay did not come up with the answer. A fella named Walter Eigner wrote a very detailed explaination on what its all about. Its about the Band of the Crown {The bit that goes around his head} there is a Diamond {Not a Cross} that wears out first. Right above his LordShips ear. and on that band there are 4 lots of 2 Pearls which also wear out early in the life of the coin. So it seems if ya got 6 Pearls left  and most of the Diamond ya got a goody. Hope you can make sense of this and Thanks again for your reply Cheers.