• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever used branded coin flips to submit coins to NGC?

2 posts in this topic

Have you successfully submitted your coins to NGC with those coin flips you get from the LCS or coin dealers like Apmex, etc.? I would like to re-use coin flips for my submission to NGC instead of wasting plastic, time, and money to buy new 2.5x2.5 flips.

17 hours ago, Laserstrahl said:

Have you successfully submitted your coins to NGC with those coin flips you get from the LCS or coin dealers like Apmex, etc.? I would like to re-use coin flips for my submission to NGC instead of wasting plastic, time, and money to buy new 2.5x2.5 flips.

Always use new non-pvc flips. New flip would be less likely to cause hairlines due to tighter fit so coin is less likely to slide around inside during shipping. This is always a problem with high grade proofs and also why I'm skeptical of proof 70 graded coins. IMO there is no way a coin can survive a shipping trip in a flip and get a 70 grade. Probably most proof or ms 70 coins would have been submitted in mint packaging or they are not really a 70 grade.