• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1925 Quarter Eagle

4 posts in this topic

I know that only the Denver mint produced all 1925 Indian Head Quarter Eagles, but is it possible the mint mark was missed on this coin by error?  I have read other claims of a missing mint mark on these coins, and most feel the mark has just worn off over the years.  However, I can't perceive even the remnants of the mark.  Please advise.  Thank you!

20180127_213537_001.jpg

20180127_213444.jpg

I believe the mink mark has been almost totally obliterated by wear and abrasive cleaning. In the area where the mint mark is located is a small dark spot that I think would be the center of the "D".  An enlarged image of the mint mark area might help make a determination. 

I'm certainly no expert, so I hope others will weigh in with their opinion.

3 hours ago, tejas1836 said:

I believe the mink mark has been almost totally obliterated by wear and abrasive cleaning. In the area where the mint mark is located is a small dark spot that I think would be the center of the "D".  An enlarged image of the mint mark area might help make a determination. 

I'm certainly no expert, so I hope others will weigh in with their opinion.

I agree!

When I blow up the image I can see that the mintmark is there but faint.  You have to remember that the mintmark on these coins is the HIGHEST feature on the coin so it is the first thing that gets worn.