• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1982 d small date penny

7 posts in this topic

At NGC, PCGS, ANACS, ICG, or SEGS.  Do you have a picture?  There have been a LOT of people on the various forums claiming to have one of these and so far they have all been large dates.  A lot of new people have problems telling them apart.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:45 AM, Conder101 said:

At NGC, PCGS, ANACS, ICG, or SEGS.  Do you have a picture?  There have been a LOT of people on the various forums claiming to have one of these and so far they have all been large dates.  A lot of new people have problems telling them apart.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:45 AM, Conder101 said:

I have one of these as well and that's my question. Do i have a large date or small date. What would be the difference in value?

1513119377554272603027.jpg

You have a large date 1982 D cent and it is common in both copper or copper pated zinc and is worth about 1 cent.  The rare one is the 1982 D small date in copper.

Do you have a picture of it?  There have been hundreds of people come on the various forums claiming to have an 82 D small date copper cents, so far not a single person has actually had one, they have all been large dates.  Not saying it isn't possible, but we need proof.  First step would be good clear pictures of the coin on a scale so we can confirm weight and date size.

OK I see you did post images over in the US forum.  It looks good, definitely worth slabbing.