• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

225th enhanced coin set?.

35 posts in this topic

If you ever need minute by minute info on new mint stuff there's a guy ATS that starts about a month out or the exact second the mint updates the product schedule with any product and posts a thread with the new product and from there it's discussed ad nauseam minute by minute.   This included a play by play of who bought what, how many, it's a winner, a loser, on sale, not on sale, the exact second its on sale etc.  The thread probably has 1,000 posts.

bsshog40, I missed out on the first day that the sets sold out, and was going to purchase one on ebay before I found out they were offered again.  I since purchased 3 sets from the mint; and ended up breaking up one set due to quality issues.  The Sacagawea had what appeared to be rusty red spotting on the obverse.  I put that one in commerce- gave it as part of a tip a few weeks ago!

I ordered a set at Noon on the appointed day and had no problems whatsoever. Got it a few days later and it looked really nice.

I also bought a graded SP70 Kennedy 50¢ in the after market for a good price to add to my ½ dollar collection.

The market for this thing crashed as soon as the big telemarketers returned their huge orders.

Still, I'm happy to have my set as it is quite attractive.