• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limited Mintage - 2017 Sovereigns

2 posts in this topic

Has anyone bought these and which ones do you like the best. All mark very significant milestones. There are differences in all of the designs - some harder to pick out than others. All very nicely done. Sovereign lovers - lets hear from you.

2017 Sapphire Jubilee - Strike on the Day - mintage 750,  Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation anniversary

2017 200th anniversary privy - BU - unknown mintage

2017 200th anniversary Pistrucci 1817 St. George reverse - Proof - mintage 10,000

2017 200th anniversary Piedfort - Proof - mintage 3,750 (twice the thickness)

2017 200th anniversary - Strike on the Day - Plain Edge - BU - mintage 1,817

There is also a special 5£ Sovereign.

Recently have purchased  Queens Beast - The Lion of England Proof 1 oz Silver Coin and The Unicorn of Scotland 2017 UK Silver Proof One Ounce Coin. The coins are incredibly attractive. I am on the fence as to sending them in to be graded. I really like the series including the bullion versions. The Royal Mint has really done a nice job introducing new coins with excellent designs that come in gold and silver with low mintage numbers. For me having 95% of my collection tied to the US, it is causing me to re-think the direction I want to move forward in. It seems like the US Mint's lack of vision has really tailed off. 

image.png