• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modern coin prices dropping fast

3 posts in this topic

Modern coin prices seem to be dropping faster that flies--or is it just me.

Two years ago I bought a 1994p NGC proof silver eagle and it was almost 2000.00. Now you can get them on Ebay for around 1100.00 or less. Same for a 1993p NGC PF70.   A 1995 NGC MS70 Silver Eagle was around 1500.00 now is goes for under 1000.00. And they are all falling fast. Will it ever stop??!!!

I don't have the info but what have populations done during that time period? Unlikely that original rolls of bust dollars or kegs of uncirculated large cents are out there but boxes of proof silver eagles, that's probably another story. I would think as long as more come out of hiding and get submitted prices will continue to drop.

A number of factors affect these market prices including gradeflation. Buyers have been warned about the grade 70 phenomena for years. I remember in early 90's when they didn't grade 70 and dealers warned then that if they did it would effect the market as a whole. Take a look what's happening !