• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beautiful shining morgan dollars white silver coin luster surface

12 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, synoptic12 said:

Hi Mark, just becoming familiar to the new and improved Collector's Society. The scans appear a tad blurred. 

Yes and the white balance appears to be off, resulting in a blue tint.

4 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

Yes and the white balance appears to be off, resulting in a blue tint.

I'm having a difficult time trying to navigate in this new site. I was initially directed to CGC, changed password twice. Not really interested in comics. You are surely correct in the blue tint and color control.

A banged-up common date coin possibly struck from a partially collapsed obverse die. No special value, but nice to have.

When it comes to coins, scans are never as good as photos. The three-dimensionality makes scanning impractical. Now, currency.....that's another story.

I am not a big Morgan Dollar collector at all, but here is what one should look like when it is in very high grade. And yes, this one is a worth a fortune.

1893%20S%20dollar%20O_zpssta5ofxa.jpg

1893%20S%20dollar%20R_zpslycxrbhs.jpg

I too have not been able to figure out how to post pictures here "the new way." I am still using Photo Bucket.

Here is my effort to fix the white balance on your photo. You might have your camera set to "indoor" when you are using natural outdoor light.

1881%20fix%20Morgan%20O_zpsdtwul834.jpg

1881%20fix%20Morgan%20R_zpsnw8or73i.jpg58e25756e907c_1881fixMorganO.jpg.20a5424b819e7f1a9f2989194fddc3e9.jpg