• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 Peace Dollar

10 posts in this topic

Welcome to the NGC side of things!

I think this is an MS-64, and I think it is attractive. It is unusually well struck for a 1921.

Roger Burdette (RWB) literally wrote the book on these, so I'm sure he'll have an opinion!

Hey, Physics!

Nice to see you over here. Mr. Burdette is on the boards? Very cool.

I have A Guide to Peace Dollars sitting beside me right now. It has been an excellent resource.

Welcome to the forum.

I can't tell from the image whether the coin is AU or uncirculated and/or whether it's been cleaned. As a result, I would not buy it.

There are a great many others available at most grade levels. Wait until you can see one in person or have the opportunity to buy one from a trusted seller with a full return privilege.

My guess is in a new holder it would have a shot at 65....because of the older holder probably a 64....course I am not a expert, and I am looking at it on my phone.

Agreed. Very hard to examine the coin without seeing better pics or to see it in person. The store claims that they are unable to take better photos due to the coin being "packaged."

I think they meant "slabbed." :-/

Regardless, I'm still considering sending them an offer. I don't think I'm interested at the price they are asking, especially due to the poor photos...