• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Week At Work

3 posts in this topic

Found some great coins

Good morning, everyone. So as you know, I work at a bank and enjoy the amount of cash that I have access to. This week was particularly fun. On Tuesday, I had to open a box of nickels, so I opened the flaps and looked at the coins at the end of that roll. Nothing. I then flipped the box over, lifted it and started examining the coins on the other end of the rolls. Wouldn't you know it, I saw a big P staring at me. I don't remember the year, because the coin is downstairs, but I found a nice War Nickel.

Yesterday, I had to open a box of quarters. I didn't even have to flip the box over this time. I looked at the coins and I see one that looks old. I use my fingernail to pull back on the wrapper so I could see the date and 1935. I pulled it out and saw that it had an S mint mark. Not great condition, but around VG or so.

I hope you all find the coins that you're looking for. If I don't post on here again before the holidays are over, I wish you and your families peace, happiness and all the best.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

That, is one of the reasons I think it would be fun for a collector to work at a bank. Thanks for sharing and I have to admit Im a bit jealous! :applause:
i have some friends that work at different banks and they love it just because of that. fwiw.