• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 Proof Sets

3 posts in this topic

Did I miss something?!

I was on Ebay shopping for Proof sets for my Goddaughter and her sister. Her sister was born in 2012 and proof sets are going for $100+ Did I miss something? Are the Presidential Dollars made with gold, or did these not sell in any sort of quantity from the mint in 2012?

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

I started sets in the multiholder slabs, but NGC decided to end the run in 2012. 2012 was also not good for the Presidential sets in any form. I now have to dissolve my multi holder sets as NGC resumed the line in 2013, but a different size.

Collecting has become an overly expensive hobby, and is no longer for youngsters. Pocket change is one thing. A decent, graded set, another.

I just sold my last loose set of 2012 proof Presidents. I am sorry the prices are so high, but sometimes you can find a bargain. The NGC price guide is not up to speed on many coins that are hard to find, or have been poor quality to get a good grade.

I will have many for sale.

sig.jpg